Monday, August 16, 2010

Halloween Weekend Shopping

Well, it's another Monday! After complaining yesterday morning that I could not find Halloween paper at my local Michaels, I went on a quest that afternoon to find some. I went to Tuesday Morning, which is a store similar to Big Lots that I had heard good things about online awhile back. Much to my surprise, it felt a lot like a thrift store and was extremely grungy and small. After much digging through a very small craft section, I came away with just these three items.

Photobucket
I only paid $4 for the textured cardstock, which was a good deal especially since it is thinner than the DCWV stuff that I had that struggles to go through my Cricut cleanly on the first try. I paid $3 for those tags which hopefully can be bent without the tag maker--oh yeah, I just pulled one out and I'm able to bend it with my fingers. They will make a nice addition to cards. As for the Making Memories plaques, they are self-adhesive and should look smart in an album.

Disappointed with my Tuesday Morning and only 1.5 miles or so from Jo-Ann's, I mapped it using my Iphone and treked on over. There I used my 10% off everything coupon from CHA and finally found some Halloween stuff!
Photobucket
I only got that K&Co mat pad (4x6" sheets) even though they had some other cute stuff because I'm not sure just how many Halloween cards my attention span is going to allow me to make. Assuming I use them judiciously, I will be able to make 18+ cards using this stack. I also got some $1 Inkadinkadoo Halloween stamps, die cut stickers, and ribbon with candy corns.

The only product that I used at CHA and loved but was not able to buy was the new Fiskars Everywhere Punch. Basically, using a magnet and swappable bases, it allows you to punch a variety of shapes anywhere on a page rather than just near the edge. It was a great gimmick to sell the square punch with the base rather than the circle, which is why you see two in the picture, but oh well. Finally, I got some silver No 10 policy envelopes to make another envelope mini.

I hope to post another card soon. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment