Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Exploding Envelope Box

This project was adapted from a Ustream class by Laura Denison (Following the Paper Trail) entitled "Exploding Envelopes." Essentially it is a mini album that folds up into a box. I haven't put in the pictures yet, but there are probably at least 40 places for pictures or journaling.

The box is made with No. 10 envelopes, some pattern paper, and a lots and lots of cardstock. During the first class, Laura used gorgeous envelopes from a stationary store, but all I had was ordinary office ones so I improvised and made my own evenlopes out of cardstock where needed. I also had to play around with the measurements because my envelopes, though No. 10, were slightly different by about 1/16-1/8". I'm a little sleepy now, but may update this post later with the measurements that I used for the envelopes, pockets, and tags I made. The recording of her class is available here. She has also promised to write up the instructions, which will likely be available on her Etsy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Materials:

5 - 12x12" sheets of pattern paper
12+ sheets of 8.5x11" coordinating cardstock
8 - No. 10 envelopes
Glue Glider Pro, liquid glue, Mod-Podge, glue dots
Prima and other flowers, gems, ribbon, brads

No comments:

Post a Comment