Sunday, August 15, 2010

Halloween Day 2: Witch's Hat

Well, it's Sunday and the weather forecasters have predicted that the heat and humidity will finally abate today. Yesterday wasn't nearly as bad as it was last week, but still not a good day to be outside. I walked from my Spanish class in Printers Row to my Michaels, at most a 10 minute walk, but I was fairly uncomfortable. Among other thing, I was looking for Halloween paper for my upcoming Halloween cards, but they had next to nothing! Not only do I want instant gratification, but I am worried about how long a "pre-order" would take to ship because I'm trying to have my Halloween cards done by the end of this month so I can move on to Christmas. That's why I haven't ordered any online at the moment. My next big online purchase will hopefully be a pink ATG tape gun, but those are all preorders or "not available" at the moment. I may check Joann's today, but we'll see.

On to the card. This is a super simple card, although I was happy to use one of my new embossing folders, some Halloween bling which I did pick up at Michaels, and some ribbon from last year's Thanksgiving/fall Target dollar bin ;)

Photobucket

Materials:

- Paper: A2 kraft card base; purple cardstock cut at 4 x 5.25", two 4" x 1-2" pieces of coordinating cardstock from my scraps. The green piece is DCWV textured.

-Embossing folder(s): Cuttlebug "Spots and Dots"

- Adhesives: Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro, Zig two-way glue pen, glue dots

- Cartridges: Paper Doll Dress Up (hat cut at 3.5")

- Embellishments: ribbon, gems


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment