Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thinking of You Turtle

I'm trying to get posts scheduled through the week since my auntie is coming to visit tomorrow! Actually, she doesn't arrive until after midnight Thursday morning, but since I likely won't have gone to bed yet, we'll say that she's arriving on Wednesday. Anyway, here's a simple card made using Create a Critter and some more flocking. I messed up the flocking a bit, but it isn't too noticeable unless you're looking for it. The orange flowers were intended to pick up bits of orange in the patterned paper, but then I covered most of them up and in retrospect could have used a solid ribbon. I really like how the pink card stock offsets the deeper pink flowers. I also Mod-Podged the entire turtle to give him a gloss sheen and popped him up with foam tape.

Photobucket

Materials:

- A2 pink card base

- Pattern paper cut 5.25 x 2"

- Create a Critter Turtle p. 64 cut at 2 inches

- Adhesives: Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro, foam tape, Zig two-way glue, Mod-Podge

- Ribbon from my stash

- Message from Hero Arts stamp collection called "Everyday Sayings"

No comments:

Post a Comment