Friday, June 4, 2010

Friendly Turtle

I hadn't given much thought to flocking for a couple of years until Michaels had all sorts of colors put out by Studio G in their dollar bins. Naturally, I picked up at least 8 different colors, so you may see them appearing in more cards. Here, I used them to add a little texture to the turtle's shell. (For those of you who might be unfamiliar with flocking, you treat it a lot like glitter (glue, then dust) but it feels velvety.) Anyway, the turtle appears on p. 64 of Create a Critter booklet. He's cut at 2 and 3/4". I was surprised at how long he turned out--in my first attempt at 3", he at least an inch too long for my A2 (4.25 x 5.5) card. The ladybug appears on p. 62 and was cut at 1/2". The sentiment is from a brand new stamp set (bought just this a.m. at Michaels) called Notes for Friend by Stampendous.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment