Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just Because Whale

This is my take on a card posted by MelanieAllen3 on the Cricut message board here. She is also ScrappyMel on her blog.

Photobucket

I finally got a D'Vine Swirl Cuttlebug embossing folder which is used to make the waves. It looks as though she sanded or colored the paper after embossing, but I kept it simple. I did, however, chalk the background and tried to make clouds/waves around the island with some chalk from Stampin Up and a makeup sponge. The gem was an afterthought as a bit of stray glue left an unsightly mark that I wanted to hide. The whale appears on p. 41 of the Create a Critter cartridge booklet and is cut at 3.25". I omitted the base layer, but trimmed down the shadow a bit using my craft knife. The island is from Everyday Paper Dolls and is an accessory to the island girl on p. 42. I cut it in three different colors at 1" and then layered them together. The "sand" is made with textured cardstock from DCWV and the rest is plain stuff from the Paper Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment