Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day Card

I was inspired by this card from Cassie's Sweet Creations post here. This card is to give my father-in-law. The dinosaur might have been more appropriate for his b-day, but I was in stamping mode back then and don't think my Create a Critter Cartridge had come in the mail yet.

Photobucket

Materials:

-5 x 7" white cardstock base

-Cornflower blue cardstock cut at 4.75 x 6.75"; a strip of beige cardstock about 1" x 6.75" embossed with the pebbles embossing folder. (I need to buy a gray stamp pad to brush over the embossed edges now that I've really gotten into embossing.)

- The volcano and dinosaur appear on p. 50 of the Create a Critter booklet. Both are cut at 3".

- The message is from the Don Juan font cartridge, cut at 1". I then used a white Galaxy Marker to add some detail. (I need to look for a serif-font cartridge as I just realized that all the ones I have are sans-serif.)

- Adhesives: foam tape, Zig two-way glue pen, and Glue Glider Pro, Xyron


- Corner-rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment