Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Fall Kids

The Simply Charmed cartridge has so many fantastic images for all seasons. These straw kids are so cute! I'm looking forward to making more fall cards featuring them. After I had assembled the kids, sentiment, and hay, the card seemed to need just a little something, so I dug up an old punch. The leaves added the perfect touch. I'm still in the mood for lighter colors, which is why they are Raggedy Andy-esque. Next time, I hope to use warmer colors for a true "fall look."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Materials:
- Paper: A2 card base (Papertrey Ink--green), pattern paper (DCWV "Summer Dreams") 4 x 5.25"
- Cartridge(s): Simply Charmed (kids at 2.75", sentiment at 1"), PaperDoll DressUp (hay at 1.5", then trimmed to 5.25")
- Embellishments: hemp
- Adhesives: Pink ATG gun, Zig two-way glue pen, Xyron, glue dots
- Special Tools: Scor-Buddy, leaf punch (no idea the brand)


After I scheduled this post, I did two more cards using K & Co's Sera Sera's paper because it had darker colors and seemed more fallish. I also used vintage photo distress ink on the hill and on the lining.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment