Friday, July 9, 2010

Birthday Cupcakes

Made with my Gypsy using Gypsy Wanderings, I experimented with the "hide contour" feature. Basically, I the image you see is cut from 3 layers as it is intended, but I cut one layer in half and glued part above and part below another layer so there would be a two-tone effect. Yes, I know it is unusual that I didn't make chocolate cupcakes, but I was going for pastely and girly and I think I've accomplished that. For the life of me, I couldn't get the entire "Happy Birthday" to fit where I liked it, so I just used "birthday." I'm not entirely happy as it appears to buckle in the center due to the weight of the cupcakes. I'm hoping that it will flatten out in storage. Otherwise, I may have to reinforce the rest of the care with a lining or something. I Mod-Podged only the bottom cupcake and popped it up on foam take.

Photobucket

Materials:

- A2 white card base

- strip of mint green cardstock cut 5.5" long x 4.75"

- strip of patterned paper (I think it's DCWV baby girl) cut 2.25 x 5.5"

- Cartridge(s): Gypsy Wanderings - cupcake cut at 2", Alphalicious - birthday cut at 1"

- Adhesives: Tombow Mono Adhesive, Zig 2-way glue pen, Mod-Podge, foam tape

- Cuttlebug embossing folder: Swiss Dots

- Punches: Corner Chomper, MS Scallopped Dot Edge Punch

- Galaxy marker white pen


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment