Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Greeting Farm: Fleur Anya

Good morning! I did lots of stamping over the weekend. Well, I actually worked with the same image to make multiple cards, but I learned a lot in the process. First, I learned from various Youtube videos that clear embossing an image will make it nearly smudge-proof! As a beginning stamper/colorer, I need all the help I can get. Also, the clear embossing makes the image catch the light and stand out more. You can see how the thank you card (not embossed) looks more muted than the hello card (is embossed). Another difference is that the hello card is colored mostly with Copic markers, while the thankyou card is all Tombow Dual Brush watercolor pens. While I'm really getting the hang of blending the watercolor pens, I decided to take the plunge with the Copic markers even though they are more expensive and less forgiving than the watercolors because the coloring is richer. I ordered another 15 or so using a gift cert from my auntie, which should come this week. Now I need to build my collection of Greeting Farm stamps :)

Photobucket

Photobucket


Materials:

- A2 beige card base, patterned paper (Making Memories "English Garden") cut 5.25" x 4"

- Cartridge(s): Gypsy Wandering (scallops cut at 3.5 and 4", Cricut Lite Cherry Limeage (greeting cut at 1"), Pooh font (same)

- Adhesives: Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro, foam tape, Xyron, all-purpose glue

- ribbon (1/8 and 3/16")


One last look at the embossing:

Photobucket
I glimmer-misted the first scallop layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment