Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Woof You!

I sent this card to my husband just after he deployed to Afghanistan. He loves his brother/sister-in-law's gigantic dog (who looks nothing like this guy), but I thought he'd like the sentiment, which is a clear stamp I found in the Michaels dollar bin. The dog was made using colored cardstock from the Paper Co and a Sizzix Originals die. Everything but the gold medallion on his collar, which I colored, was layered. (I have issues with layering and often use single-layer die cuts. However, I have vowed to improve upon this, especially with my very first Cricut machine!!!) Back to the card--I painted a little rock candy crackle paint on the bone and the water. It looks cuter on the bone than the water, but he won't mind. I used a 2" scallop punch, although I'm not sure who made it. The greeting is popped up using foam tape.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment